Thursday 15 August 2013

Slow progress...for the fruit loop!!

Our summer holidays have not turned out quite how we expected (see Accidents will happen) but they have given us, well me, K and H, an opportunity to kickback and do very little!! Well, except the fact that I keep planning...everything, so far I'm up to 2015, holidays, races, anything that could possibly be planned!!

First things first, H is doing very well, movement nearly back to normal, he wanted to go out on his bike yesterday, only thwarted by the fact that he had a flat tyre...I must admit, I did breathe a little sigh of relief, he might be ready but I'm not sure I am.

K, unfortunately, is still fighting a "virus" which is making her thoroughly miserable, although still manage to shop effectively on Monday!!

My 'progress' is, disappointingly, very slow!! Unfortunately, as Mr W consistently points out, patience is not one of my virtues...once I've set my heart on something I'd quite like it to happen, right away, we all have our faults!!

The area in which I'm struggling is running *coughs quietly - I think it's more of a gentle jog! I need to get back to work to stop myself signing up for races...slight change of tactic due to the fact that the more people I speak/tweet/Facebook with the more plans I make. I have now committed to do The Tatton Yule Yomp (December oddly enough) swiftly followed by The Island Race - Angelsey's scenic/undulating) Half Marathon on my 40th Birthday, the actual day... I know, positively certifiable!! I have also purchased, with K, our Race for Life Early bird Voucher for 2014, hopefully to do the new Pretty Muddy Race with AW and MW!! I have pre-registered for Mudderalla (the girlie version of Tough Mudder) and also Tough Mudder, challenges both!! The biggest positive is that I plan on doing all this nuttiness for charity, with exception of R4L, I shall be participating for The Joshua Tree/ @joshuatreekids, hopefully helping them to achieve their ambitions. I am actively as a volunteer for this charity, please take a look at their website...it's amazing! 

This all serves to confirm the midlife crisis theory I think, and in discussion with Mumsontherunuk and on Twitter, I find it a little reassuring that I'm not the only one!!

On the up side, I'm the fittest, strongest, healthiest and most positive I think I've ever been, so it's win - win for the fruit loop!! 

Lx

No comments:

Post a Comment